Angelina Kidd is a STOTT PILATES® Certified Instructor in Reformer and Mat (essential to advance), RYT-200, Holistic Whole Body Health Coach, a MERRITHEW™ Total Barre, CORE and ZEN-GA Mat & Equipment Qualified Instructor, trained in Merrithew Fascial Movement, an ACE Certified Personal Trainer, Revo₂lution Running Certified, BOSU Mobility and Stability for Active Aging Specialty Certified, STOTT PILATES Athletic Conditioning, Group Mat, and Dance Specialist. Angelina earned her Master of Fine Arts (MFA) Degree from Lesley University School of Art & Design in Boston MA.
Pilates & Mindful Movement Education with MERRITHEW™. Complete list of education, including STOTT PILATES Continuing Education Credit (CEC) classes and workshops are not included in this list. Each year, I earn more than double the required CEC credits to keep all certifications current and to learn the latest information in the industry. The following list is only the foundation of my training and does not represent the entirety of my education.
• 2019 Group Mat Specialist & Dance Specialist
• 2015 Athletic Conditioning Specialist
• 2012 Intensive Stability Chair™
• 2012 Stability Barre Training Level 1 & 2
• 2012 Core Stability Barre Training with Reformer and Cardio-Tramp
• 2011 Injuries & Special Populations
• 2011 Advanced Reformer Repertoire Instructor Training
• 2011 Intensive Reformer Instructor Training
• 2010 Advanced Matwork Instructor Training
• 2010 Intensive Mat-Plus Instructor Training
• 2010 Functional Anatomy
• 2021 200-Hour Certified Yoga Teacher
• 2021 100-Hour Holistic Whole Body Health
• 2013 Total Barre™Instructor Foundation Course
• 2017 Fascial Movement Foundation Course
CORE™ Athletic Conditioning & Performance Training™
• 2014 CORE™ Instructor Foundation Course
• 2014 ZEN-GA™ Instructor Foundation Course, Mat
• 2014 ZEN-GA™ Instructor Foundation Course, Equipment
My first Pilates session was in 2005. Pilates took a central position in my fitness activities in 2007. Pilates instructor training has been with STOTT PILATES® in Seattle (Bodycenter Studios) and Portland (Pacific NW Pilates) as well as MERRITHEW™ classes across the US, Canada and Europe. In addition to my Pilates experience, I have a background in dance. From the age of 14 while growing up in Hawai'i, I studied and performed hula. My hula teaching experience includes seven years of group classes and one-on-one training.
To keep myself strong and healthy in my 50s, I practice Pilates, Yoga, row, walk, hike, run, cycle (Peloton) and do HIIT. Pilates is central to all my workouts. It keeps me injury-free, strong and flexible. Most importantly, it reminds me of the mind-body connection.
I'm the mother to three adult children as well as several cats and dogs, and am happily married to my best friend. My little Havanese dogs, Olivia (Oly), Siya and Yume, are the official greeters at Angelina Pilates. My girls are sweet, clean, and well behaved. We look forward to seeing you in the studio soon.
In addition to movement practices, I am an artist specializing in the handmade: historical photographic processes, constructed imagery collage and paper arts. I received my Master of Fine Arts from Lesley University School of Art & Design in Boston and have been featured in galleries and exhibitions around the country.